Online shopping and wedding (guest) dress woes

Wedding guest dress woes…trying saying that 5 times fast.  I’ve been having some bad luck with my online shopping lately, and it’s back to the drawing board as far as figuring out what to wear to my friend’s wedding. Sometimes I just have to talk things out so lucky you…you get to listen in.  Here’s what has happened up to this point.
A dress from Long Tall Sally arrived on my doorstep today, but alas it was too tight in the hips and poofy in the midsection….the joys of being a size small on the top half and large on the bottom.  Such a shame because the dress is even more pretty in person than it is online and I LOVED the fabric.
At this point, I think I’m going to have to go shopping in my own closet.  I’ve worn this BCBG dress to a couple of weddings but they were more on the formal side so methinks I’d be a smidge overdressed if I wore it to the upcoming wedding.
Then there’s my trusty go-to black with white polka dots A.B.S. dress that I’ve worn to a wedding or 2 (or 8) and other events. I bought it online from Nordstrom years ago which gives me hope that I will strike it lucky with my online shoppage again sometime soon.
I wonder if I could pair my black-ruffly-kind-of-cropped cardigan with this bridesmaid dress?  Hmmm…guess I’ll have to try it on and see.

Then there’s this dress….O wait.  I guess I can’t ever wear this one again.  Sigh!

Orrrrrrrr maybe I will find something the day of my friend’s wedding at the Long Tall Sally pop-up shop.

Thanks for listening in on my musings. Feel free to vote for your fav option.

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Reply Lydiamroberts September 16, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Oh the woes of shopping for a dress. You're so funny! I love your blog.

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures September 16, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Thanks! I'm sure you feel my pain. =)

• Reply auntp September 17, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I think it's too bad you can't wear the last dress…:-) it looked absolutely beautiful on you! Good luck with the decision!

• Reply Veronica October 12, 2011 at 9:09 pm

you looked beautiful, of course! 🙂

• Reply Feminist Gold Digger October 25, 2011 at 2:12 am

Bummer about the Nordstrom maxi. So pretty.

Too late now, but I really like the long black one with the red(?) beltish thing across the middle. Muy flattering!

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures October 25, 2011 at 3:08 am

Yes…the maxi twas pretty. Wish it wasn't so high watery. Blurgh! I probably should have worn the long black one rather than the short black one. Sigh. I really need to go dress shopping.

• Reply Kimberly October 26, 2011 at 7:00 pm

The BCBG dress is to die for!! You look amazing in it! Do you happen to have the style name or number so I can stalk for one on Ebay??

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures October 26, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Thanks Kimberly! I don't know the style name but I looked at the tags and there are 2 different numbers BDPL198LEOF and NSV 63997. Not sure if one of those might be the style number. I love that this dress is comfortable and all of the detailing on the dress looks even better in person! I bought it about 4 years ago. I hope you're able to find one!

• Reply Nova November 2, 2011 at 11:47 pm

I have the exact same problem with being smaller on top and larger on bottom. It's fine if there are separate pieces, but for one-piece or sets I just have to go large and alter it. Very annoying.

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures November 3, 2011 at 12:15 am

I'm so glad you can commiserate with me Nova! I may have to try your strategy of buying a large and getting it tailored. I agree that it's quite annoying though. In theory, I love dresses. I just hardly ever find ones that fit. Sigh.

• Reply Hannah S December 30, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Bam Bam…it was your personal shopper who got you that long black BCBG dress, remember?? 🙂

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures December 30, 2011 at 10:43 pm

O yes! Shout out to my personal shopper for finding the dress in my size for me!!